Recruitee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and people of the LGBTQ(+) community to apply.
Recruitee develops innovative SaaS Recruitment Software to help companies hire better and we are on a mission to make great hiring accessible to all. 🤲 We’re headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in Poznan, Wroclaw, and most recently New York! Our international team just crossed 100 happy employees of 15 nationalities. Over the last 5 years, we have rocketed in growth with over 3,000 much-loved customers worldwide and a constantly developing product, we are not stopping here!
As we continue to grow, Recruitee is looking for a highly entrepreneurial and experienced Finance Director to lead us in our next stage of growth. As the Finance Director, you help shape and steer the strategic direction that the company takes and will be fully responsible for strategic finance functions and ensuring the core financial functions are running smoothly.
About the Role
As we are an international business, the complexity of our financial processes is increasing. You are responsible to unleash accurate data, to conduct analysis based on all the available information and advise the company accordingly. You’ll provide the business with the right infrastructure, processes, and technology and help the company grow in a sustainable manner: built to last. You will report directly to the COO and will provide leading financial and business information to the management team. We value strategic and analytical insight, at all levels of the organization, and will depend on your work to achieve the extraordinary!
What we expect from you
- Operational efficiency, ie. "automate, automate, automate"
Set up auditable processes and automate for scale and efficiency
- Own our SaaS metrics/reporting
Use data to drive decisions and the financial health of our business
- Plan for the future
Be a sparring partner to the business and make financial roadmap to finance the business growth
- No surprises
You are on top of things and manage the core financial processes with your team. Ensuring timely reporting and full regulatory/tax compliance. Nothing is there; that your team is not aware of.
What you'll do
- Lead the company to financial independence and profitability; work with the senior leadership team to help the business grow and thrive.
- Lead the company's planning, budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting processes, understand, model and activate the right levers.
- Support expansion and ensure compliance on all legal and tax aspects.
- Report accurately and timely on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis how the business is doing (cash flow, P&L and key KPIs; budget versus actuals as well as variance analysis).
- Assist the COO in maintaining a responsible growth trajectory and be a strategic partner to the key leadership team.
- Manage the core financial processes and optimize cash flow.
- Manage a team of three, delegate effectively and helping them achieve their potential.
- Provide executive management with clear insights into drivers of the business and financial performance and risks; assess business/market opportunities and inform/recommend prioritization decisions.
- Oversee the month-end and annual financial close process, monthly reporting package, and general ledger account reconciliation and saas metrics optimisation (like around the 'magic saas number').
Desired skills and experience
- 7+ years experience in a similar role within a high-growth international environment (ideally SaaS).
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting.
- Generalist type with strong business acumen.
- Strong financial controlling, budgeting, financial forecasting and financial planning and analysis skills.
- Ability to create clarity and set direction across departments
- Strong understanding of subscription revenue recognition and SaaS metrics.
- Track record of developing high performing teams, fostering collaboration, and creating a learning culture.
- Demonstrated cash flow management in a high growth environment.
- Hands-on approach and initiative in taking the lead of challenges in a scale-up.
- Plus: you have led or had exposure to fundraising or M&A transactions in tech growth businesses.
- Great office and canal-side location.
- A chance to be part of and shape one of the hottest SaaS scale-ups.
- Working within an international, friendly team that truly values your contribution.
- Brilliant culture and an informal, ‘come as you are’ dress code.
- A €1,500 yearly training budget.
- Apple gear, alongside all the tools you need to succeed.
- We’ll save you the startup pitch of the ‘Friday beers and ping-pong’ visit our Instagram to check us out: https://www.instagram.com/recruitee/
Have we caught your attention? ⚡️
If you’d like to part of our incredible journey, please apply now. We look forward to meeting you soon!