Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamFinance
As our Financial Controller, you will empower the accounting team with technical skills, and improve our financial controlling by building out the global framework. Together with you, our month-end process will be more predictable and consistent. In addition, we will involve you in the monthly Board reporting and consolidation process through the new ERP in place.
About the Team
You will be a part of Recruitee’s finance organisation and you will report to our Finance Director. The whole team currently consists of Business Controller, Finance Manager, 2 Accountants in the Netherlands, Accounting Lead in Poland and CFO.
Your 12-month journey
In the first 3 months, you will take ownership of the month-end close review process, and add your own improvements to the processes. You will perform an initial gap analysis on overall finance business processes and provide recommendations to implement.
After 6 months, you will begin to own the relationship with the auditors and prepare for the 2022 year-end audit. The processes around financial statement consolidation will be running smoothly. You will provide valuable insight to the ongoing ERP implementation.
After 12 months, you will take the financial control framework of the group to a new level. You will successfully implement the internal control processes around the new ERP and continually monitor risk areas to control.
What you'll be doing:
- Take ownership of the month and year-end closing review processes.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, year-end financial statements and group consolidation work.
- Support the preparation of financial information presented in monthly Board meetings.
- Liaise with external auditors, manage pre-audit planning, provide relevant information for audits and follow up on audit findings.
- Implement audit recommendations of improvements to finance business processes.
- Perform analysis on financial processes and workflows to identify risk areas and ensure controls are in place.
- Leverage finance business processes to improve and maintain internal controls.
- Assist in statutory reporting requirements.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 3-5 years of working experience in a similar position in an international environment. Track record in an accounting/consultancy firm or internal finance function would be welcome.
- Experience in the preparation of financial reports and financial close processes.
- Experience with the design and implementation of internal controls.
- Master or bachelor degree in accounting or controlling.
- Fluent English skills, both verbal and written.
What we would also appreciate:
- Audit experience.
- Professional designation (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CA, CIMA).
- Working knowledge of Netsuite and Exact Online.
Why Recruitee 💙
Flexibility to work from home and our office in Amsterdam.
A chance to be part of and shape one of the hottest, most ambitious scale-ups in Europe.
€1,500 annual training budget.
25 paid holiday days.
Pension plan, fitness subscription, travel reimbursement, and Wellness perks.
Annual bonus based on company performance.
Apple MacBook alongside a home-office budget.
Work from anywhere for 4 weeks/year.
An inclusive and international work environment with a lot of fun thrown in!
Recruitee develops innovative collaborative hiring software to help companies hire better together. 🤲
We’re headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in Poznan, Wroclaw, and New York! Our international team just crossed 200+ happy employees of 25+ different nationalities. We are proud of our humble beginnings that have now transformed into rocketing growth with 4500 much-loved customers worldwide, and we are not stopping here.
Have we caught your attention? ⚡️
If you’d like to be a part of this amazing journey, please apply now with English resume or reach out to email@example.com for more information. We look forward to meeting you soon! For the time being all stages in the recruitment process will be held remotely.
Recruitee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from underrepresented groups and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, neurodiversity, or status as an individual with a disability.