Recruitee develops innovative SaaS Recruitment Software to help companies hire better and we are on a mission to make great hiring accessible to all. 🤲
We’re headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in Poznan, Wroclaw, and most recently New York! Our international team just crossed 100 happy employees of 15 nationalities. We are proud of our humble beginnings that has now transformed into rocketing growth with over 3,000 much-loved customers worldwide, and we are not stopping here!
Due to expansion, we are looking for a practical and motivated Legal Counsel to join our growing Legal and Security team. This position is based in our Amsterdam office with a primary focus on reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, NDAs, data processing agreements and agreements with partners. You will report directly to the Head of Legal. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years of experience working as an in-house legal counsel at a SaaS company and possesses strong analytical and interpersonal skills alongside a healthy dose of humour.
What you’ll do
- Independently review, draft, and negotiate a variety of agreements, primarily SaaS sales, DPA's and commercial contracts in Dutch and English for our customers in 50+ countries.
- Maintain Recruitee’s GDPR-compliance in relation to thousands of data processors and controllers.
- Work together with the sales team to drive an effective Sales-Legal process.
- Ad-hoc negotiation of contracts with partners and suppliers.
- Work with your team to help shape business practices by addressing opportunities for contract and process improvements – both globally and on a local basis.
- Update knowledge resources on legal topics for the business, and react quickly to questions from other teams within Recruitee.
What you’ll bring to the team
- 2+ years relevant experience working as a legal counsel at a software/tech company.
- Master's degree in Law ( LLM ) preferably from a Dutch university.
- Solid understanding of data protection law, GDPR, and intellectual property law.
- Prior experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and work collaboratively with all internal departments.
- Experience in working in diverse, international environments.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, working knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A chance to be part of and to shape one of the hottest, most ambitious start-ups in Europe.
- Great office and location, right on the Keizersgracht (remote for now).
- Apple gear, alongside all the tools you need.
- A €1,500 yearly training budget to keep you sharp.
- Travel expenses covered.
- 25 days of holiday.
- Brilliant culture and an informal, ‘come as you are’ dress code.
- Working in an international, friendly team that truly values your contribution.
- We’ll save you the startup pitch of the ‘Friday beers and ping-pong’ visit our Instagram to check us out: https://www.instagram.com/recruitee/
Have we caught your attention? ⚡️
We look forward to receiving your application, apply today or contact Rebecca@recruitee.com if you have any questions.
Recruitee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ(+) people to apply. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).