Recruitee develops innovative SaaS Recruitment Software to help companies hire better and we are on a mission to make great hiring accessible to all. 🤲 We’re headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in Poznan, Wroclaw, and most recently New York! Our international team just crossed 100 happy employees of 15 nationalities. We are proud of our humble beginnings that has now transformed into rocketing growth with over 3,000 much-loved customers worldwide, and we are not stopping here!
Due to expansion, we are looking for a practical and motivated Legal Counsel to join our growing Legal and Security team. This position has a primary focus on reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, NDAs, data processing agreements and agreements with partners. You will report directly to the Head of Legal. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years of experience working as an in-house legal counsel at a SaaS/tech company and possesses strong analytical and interpersonal skills alongside a healthy dose of humour.
What you’ll do
- Independently review, draft, and negotiate a variety of agreements, primarily SaaS sales, DPA's and commercial contracts in Dutch and English for our customers in 50+ countries.
- Maintain Recruitee’s GDPR-compliance in relation to thousands of data processors and controllers.
- Work together with the sales team to drive an effective Sales-Legal process.
- Ad-hoc negotiation of contracts with partners and suppliers.
- Work with your team to help shape business practices by addressing opportunities for contract and process improvements – both globally and on a local basis.
- Update knowledge resources on legal topics for the business, and react quickly to questions from other teams within Recruitee.
What you’ll bring to the team
- 2+ years relevant experience working as a legal counsel at a software/tech company.
- Master's degree in Law ( LLM ) preferably from a Dutch university.
- Solid understanding of data protection law, GDPR, and intellectual property law.
- Prior experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and work collaboratively with all internal departments.
- Experience in working in diverse, international environments.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, working knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills.
Why Recruitee 👇
- Flexibility to work from home and from our beautiful canal-side office in Amsterdam.
- €1,500 annual training budget plus internal training.
- Pension Plan, Travel reimbursement, and Wellness perks.
- 25 paid holiday days.
- An inclusive and international work environment with a whole lot of fun thrown in!
- Annual bonus based on company performance.
- Apple MacBook alongside a Home Office budget.
- Impactful role at one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe.
- We’ll save you the startup pitch of Friday beers and ping-pong visit our Instagram to check us out: https://www.instagram.com/recruitee
Have we caught your attention? ⚡️
Apply now, we look forward to receiving your application!
Recruitee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ(+) people to apply. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).