Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamLegal & Information Security
As Recruitee’s legal counsel your mission will be, together with your colleagues in the legal team, to help the business to improve and innovate as much as possible while keeping legal risks to a minimum. It is expected that you stay aligned with other teams to make sure that you understand the big picture and you can help the entire company towards common goals.
This position has a primary focus on reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, NDAs, data processing agreements and agreements with partners. You will report directly to the Director of Legal. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years of experience working as an in-house legal counsel at a SaaS/tech company and possesses strong analytical and interpersonal skills alongside a healthy dose of humour.
Your 12-month Journey
The first three months you will be onboarded and will get familiar with Recruitee’s legal operations, contracts and risks and get to know the legal team and all the colleagues at Recruitee. Your colleagues will be there throughout the entire journey to make sure you succeed.
After six months you will know how to spot and tackle risks at an early stage and you will be able to spot opportunities for improvement of Recruitee’s legal operations.
After 12 months you have mastered your way in the Recruitee legal operations, contracts and risks and you have made a net contribution to the legal team’s productivity.
About the team
Recruitee’s legal team has 3 legal counsels that are passionate about IT-law. The team prides itself on going the extra mile to gain a deeper understanding of the business and IT topics that they are dealing with to make sure that risks are not overlooked and that their advice is pragmatic. Apart from IT-law, the team is also responsible for other areas of law. And the Director of Legal is at the same time also the Head of Information Security which means that legal efforts and information security efforts are always closely aligned.
What you’ll do
- Independently review, draft, and negotiate a variety of agreements, primarily SaaS sales, DPA's and commercial contracts in Dutch and English for our customers in 50+ countries.
- Maintain Recruitee’s GDPR-compliance in relation to thousands of data processors and controllers.
- Work together with the sales team to drive an effective Sales-Legal process.
- Ad-hoc negotiation of contracts with partners and suppliers.
- Work with your team to help shape business practices by addressing opportunities for contract and process improvements – both globally and on a local basis.
- Update knowledge resources on legal topics for the business, and react quickly to questions from other teams within Recruitee.
What you’ll bring to the team
- 3+ years relevant experience working as a legal counsel at a software/tech company.
- Master's degree in Law ( LLM ) preferably from a Dutch university.
- Solid understanding of data protection law and GDPR.
- Prior experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and work collaboratively with all internal departments.
- Experience in working in diverse, international environments.
- Fluent in English, working knowledge of Dutch (and German) is a nice to have.
- Strong analytical skills.
Why Recruitee 👇
- Flexibility to work from home and from our beautiful canal-side office in Amsterdam.
- €1,500 annual training budget plus internal training.
- Pension Plan, Travel reimbursement, and Wellness perks.
- 25 paid holiday days.
- An inclusive and international work environment with a whole lot of fun thrown in!
- Annual bonus based on company performance.
- Apple MacBook alongside a Home Office budget.
- Impactful role at one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe.
- We’ll save you the startup pitch of Friday beers and ping-pong visit our Instagram to check us out: https://www.instagram.com/recruitee
Recruitee develops innovative SaaS Recruitment Software to help companies hire better and we are on a mission to make great hiring accessible to all. 🤲 We’re headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in Poznan, Wroclaw, and most recently New York! Our international team just crossed 175+ happy employees of 25 nationalities. We are proud of our humble beginnings that has now transformed into rocketing growth with almost 4,000 much-loved customers worldwide, and we are not stopping here!
Have we caught your attention? ⚡️
If you’d like to be part of this amazing journey, please apply now or reach out to our recruiter Allard via Whatsapp on +31 (0)6 109 175 14 for more information. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Recruitee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage women, people of colour, and people from the LGBTQ(+) community to apply. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example she/her, he/him, they/them, etc). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability.